I’ve had the olympic torch to me. Well not so much an Olympic torch more a meme about the Olympics, but you get the drift!
1) If every day tasks were Olympic events what would you get a gold medal in?
Not a one legged race but a one armed race. It’s amazing what you can do at the same time as carrying a wriggling toddler.
2) As a child (or now even) did you excel at a particular sport and if so which one?
No and no. I never thought of myself as sporty. I always loved swimming and skating though.
3) Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) – which sport appeals to you more?
I love the feeling of freedom with swimming and the accomplishment you get when running.
4) How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if miss the alarm and sleep in?
Well yesterday the girls woke up at 8.10 am and we have to leave for school at 8.30. Think that’s my record. Now where’s my medal?
5) What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?
Speed nappy changing. Or the hundred meters school run dash. Failing that I’d love to see a proper Olympic egg and spoon race.
6) Claim to fame time – Have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?
Yes, Roger Black came round our junior School and I got to hold his medals. Very exciting! Ben Ainslie has been pointed out to me a few times as he used to sail near where I grew up.
7) What event in past Olympics can you remember most vividly?
It’s hard to know for sure because you see so many clips played again and again.
8) Tuning in at home, not for me or tickets clamped ready in sweaty palms?
I would have loved to have gone and tried to get tickets but the process was a bit flawed. Will watch bits and bobs
9) Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just OlympiansThe makers of Peppa Pig, for giving me the only moments of peace in my day. Gawd bless you, one and all.
I’m going to pass on the flame to these gorgeous blogger (careful that it doesn’t burn you!):
trouble doubled (because she’s always after good old tagging)
Adventures of a middle aged matron (because I never got round to the last meme she tagged me in – oops!)
Whiskey for aftershave (because I never got round to the last meme he tagged me in – double oops!)
Helpful mum (because she really is)
Multiple Mummy (because I never got round to linking up to the multiple mayhem carnival last month – triple oops!)