Tasty chocolate cake pops
The twins were two today! To celebrate we had a few cakes including these teddy bear cake pops. As I was a bit pushed for time I went for the easiest ingredients I could which means most of it was ready-made. I wanted this to be really simple and fun.
Ingredients To Make Teddy Bear Cake Pops
(Makes about 8 – 10 teddy bear cake pope)
- 1/2 tub of ready mixed chocolate butter cream icing
- 1 madeira cake
- 500g bar of milk chocolate
- 1 pack of white chocolate buttons
- candy eyeballs
- chocolate drops
- lollypop sticks
Method: How To Make Teddy Bear Cake Pops Recipe
- Cut off the sides of the cake and crumble into a bowl.
- Mix the icing with the cake crumbs and roll into a ball. It should be quite firm.
- Wrap in cling film and put into the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Put the sticks half way into the cake balls. I put them back in the fridge for another half an hour as they seem to stay on the stick better .
Melt the chocolate. I prefer to do this over a bowl of boiling water.
Dip the cake pops in the melted chocolate.
To decorate add two buttons for ears, a button with a chocolate drop on for the nose and the candy eyes. I buy the candy eyes from hobbycraft, you can get them from some cake decorating shops or from Ebay. Put in the fridge to set.
To display I use florists foam and stick them at different heights. I had a little helper to give them out.
Other Cake Pop Ideas
Look here for rainbow fish cake pops