If you asked the girls to name something beginning with P, it’s a fairly safe bet that pizza and Pokemon will come first to their minds. They really love them both, having just got into the Pokemon Go craze. So what could be better than Pokemon pizza? Pizza already looks like a bit like a Pokeball. This is a fun activity and a good way to get children in the kitchen. It would also work well at a Pokemon themed party.
Ingredients for Pokemon pizza
- Pizza bases
- tomato sauce
- mozzarella cheese
How To Make Pokemon Pizzas
You can make your own dough. But, we had lots of other activities planned so we wanted to make the pizzas really quickly so used pizza bases.
- Spread tomato over the base. Be careful to leave a little of the edge clear.
- Add cheese to half the pizza base
- Decorate with slices of olives to make the shape of the Pokeball
- Use one slice of olive in the middle for the central circle
- Put them in the oven at between 450 and 500 degrees F (250 to 260 degrees C)
- Leave for 10 minutes or until the centre is cooked
Of course the only probelm with this is that a lot of children do not like olives. We used sweetscorn as an alternative. It doesn’t look as good as the colour is so light but they were pleased with it. You could also use small slices of pepparomi or sausage.
The children really enjoyed making their own pizzas. They just needed about 10 minutes in a hot oven and they were lovely.
This was a great lunch after a busy morning hunting Pokemon. Some of the children even tried olives for the first time.