Here are some pirate biscuits which are a bit like a digestive. Unfortunately this proved a problem for me as you can’t only eat one digestive they are too yummy – so I won’t be making them again for a while – far too moreish! We used a gingerbread cutter but none of my children like gingerbread so I thought I would try something different. Here’s our attempt at Pirate Biscuits.
Ingredients: What You Will Need To Make Pirate Biscuits
- 8oz (250g) butter
- 5oz (140g) caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 9oz (300g) wholemeal flour
- 1/4 tps salt
- tube of black icing
- fondant icing in different colours
- Balls and stars to decorate
Method: Making The Pirate Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Mix together the butter, sugar and egg.
- Stir in the flour and salt.
- Make into a dough.
- Wrap in cling film and put into the fridge for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough to about 5mm thick. Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter and place onto greaseproof paper.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until a light golden colour.
Once cooled decorate with coloured icing, I cut the shapes out using the same biscuit cutter. Pipe the details using black. Add detail using a gold ball for the belt buckle and stars on the hat.
Check Out Our Other Biscuit Recipes
Italian Christmas Biscuit Recipe