What better flavour combination is there than peanut butter and chocolate? These tasty treats are perfect for an Olympic party and you could almost say they are educational because they teach the colours of the Olympic rings. I love rice crispie treats because they are the perfect treat for young children to help you make.
What You Will Need To Make Olympic Ring Treats
- 80g (3oz) Rice Krispies
- 150g (6oz) soft brown sugar
- 100g (4oz) smooth peanut butter
- 100g (4oz) golden syrup
- 80g (3oz) butter
- 100g milk chcolate
- 4 packets of Smarties/m&ms
How To Make Olympic Ring Rice Treats
- Melt the peanut butter, golden syrup and butter over a low heat.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Carefully add the hot ingredients, leave to cool before letting the children stir.
- I let them put some into cake cases so they could do it themselves.
- While they were doing this I moulded the cakes into circles. I used the bottom of the peanut butter jar, but a cookie cutter would work well.
- Leave the circles in the fridge for an hour. I cut holes out of the middle using a small cookie cutter.
- Melt chocolate and spread on top of the cakes.
- Sort the Smarties or M&M’s into the olympic colours.
- Place the sweets on top of the cakes. Leave to set.
Check Out Our Other Olympic Activities
You might also like this from Red Ted Art Olympics Coloring Page for Grown Ups