Summary: Flexispot E7 Pro Sit Stand Desk
The E7 from Flexispot is a solidly built desk that strikes a good balance between value and performance. It is heavy though so self-assembly might be a stretch and you may need 2 pairs of hands.
- Interacting with Flexispot was easy and efficient
- Ability pick and choose desk / leg combinations
- The desk is easy to assemble
- Fantastic looking minimalist design
- Feels sturdy
- Ability to custom set heights for different users
- The height range could be higher and lower
- Price doesn’t include desktop
- It’s heavy!
- Tends to wobble, especially if placed on a carpet
Building the desk
The desk comes in several boxes. Make sure you have all the boxes as some came in separate deliveries for us.
It was easy enough to identify all the parts but be aware that there are more parts than you need. There’s a European power cable and thoughtfully the manufacturer provides spare nuts and bolts.
I decided to build the desk in my office space so I could quickly manoeuvre it into position. This was the best idea in hindsight because moving the desk fully assembled would have been a struggle.
The parts feel robust and well put together. It comes in several large sub-assemblies so it doesn’t take long to put them all together.
Things we like about the Flexispot E7
- Assembly only took 20 minutes. It did need 2 people though.
- It’s capable of carrying a lot of weight. I haven’t tested it to its maximum but you get a sense it’s solidly built.
- Raising and lowering using the controller is easy. The motion is smooth and quiet.
- Heights can be pre-set for different users (as long as you remember which number is yours!)
- The minimalist design looks great.
- The controls can be locked so kids can’t play with them.
Things that could be improved about the Flexispot E7
- The desk is heavy. Lugging the box into the office area was a bit of a challenge. However, it does feel well made.
- The instructions could be easier to follow. It took me quite a while to work out which part was which.
- Some reviews say it wobbles depending on the type of floor it’s placed on. However, I’ve not found this to be an issue at all.
What design options does the E7 desk have?
Customise the desktop and frame to match your home
- Desk Frame: Silver, Black, White
- Table top Rectangle (140x70cm) : Walnut, Cherrywood, Redoak
- Rectangle (120x60cm) : Graphite, Walnut, White
- Curved desktop (140x70cm) : Black, Maple, White
How Does Flexispot E7 Work?
The operation of the Flexispot E7 is easy. Simply press the up or down buttons to change the height or set the desired height on the numbered keypad.
There’s a cable tray to hide away the cables which is a neat feature.
Operation & Use
I use the adjustable desk for laptop-based work. But you could easily use it for making crafts with kids. The desktop I chose is the largest size and it’s actually a good compromise. Not too big and not too small. It’s perfect for having a laptop, a keyboard and 2 monitors. This is vital for me as it means I’m as productive as possible.
The electric sit-stand desk mechanism is almost silent so it can be used without disturbing others.
Would we recommend the Flexispot E7 pro?
Definitely. It feels like it will last and last. We overcame the issue of the wobble by putting it on a firmer floor. It’s now used every day and I have felt an improvement in my posture and those little aches and pains from long days at the laptop.
Where to buy it
- Purchase directly from Flexisoft – Buy from Amazon (we may receive an affiliate commission)