Easter is coming and I have been hunting around, as I always do at this time of year for a gift to give that is both cheap and not made of chocolate. I saw this wonderful post on Me and my Shadow on how to make bath bombs which clear you head when you have a cold. I wanted to try to make some bath bombs and thought that Easter egg bath bombs would be perfect.
We have lots of plastic easter eggs lying around as the girls love to play with them and they make brilliant moulds. You can use any bath bomb recipe you want and just add essential oils for fragrance and colours of your choice.
Ingredients To Make Your Own Bathbombs
- (to make 6 bath bombs)
- 150g Bicarbonate of soda
- 75g citric acid (you can get this online or from larger chemists)
- 1tsp olive oil/almond oil
- 10 drops pink food colouring, strawberry or rose essential oil, pink glitter
- 10 drops yellow food colouring, lemon essential oil, sprinkle of gold glitter
- 10 drops purple food colouring, lavender essential oil, sprinkle of purple glitter
How To Make Your Own Bathbombs
- Mix the bicarb, citric acid and oil together – it should form into balls with your fingers.
- Split into three and add in the colour and fragrance.
- Put into the moulds and leave for at least 24 hours to harden. It is a bit easier to make the two halves separately. If you do this then let them harden – soften the two edges and then stick together and leave to harden again.
When they come out they are incredibly fizzy in water. You can see the twins having a play with them in the video clip attached. They smell delicious too – I really like the lavender one – great for night time baths.
For more ideas for egg related crafts check out Maggy from RedTedArt – you might spot a familiar face!
For more crafts make sure you are following us on Pinterest or on Facebook