Despite revolutions in dental care, millions of people in Dallas tend to suffer tooth loss, mainly because of tooth decay, injuries, and periodontal diseases. Years ago, the only available treatment for people with missing teeth were dentures and bridges. But, today, dental implants are available and are making a difference.
Dental Implants- What are they?
Dental implants are the replacement tooth roots, which provide a strong foundation for permanent or removable replacement teeth, made to match your natural teeth in the best manner.
Dental Implants- What are the Benefits?
Dallas patients are all thumbs up for dental implants. It is because it helps with:
- Improved appearance: The look and feel of dental implants are the same as your natural teeth. Also, the primary purpose behind their design is to fuse them with the bone, which helps them become permanent.
- Improved Speech: With bad-fitted dentures, teeth tend to slip within the mouth, which might cause you to slur or mumble your words. Thus, with dental implants, you’ll be able to speak without worries that your teeth might slip.
- Improved Comfort: Since dental implants have become a part of you, implants don’t cause any discomfort that removable dentures do.
- Ease in Eating: Sliding dentures cause difficulties in chewing. And, that’s the reason dental implants are a popular choice among people in Dallas, as they function just like natural teeth. Thus, you can eat your favourite foods with confidence and without much pain.
- Improved Self-esteem: Dental implants swear to give back your smile and let you feel better about yourself.
- Improved Oral Health: The experts in dental implants dallas say that these don’t require reducing the other teeth as a tooth-supported bridge does. Since the experts don’t alter the nearby teeth during the implant treatment, individual implants provide easy access between the teeth, which improves oral hygiene.
- Durability: Implants are durable and last for many years. With good quality care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience: Since the feature of removable dentures is their easy removability, these can often lead to embarrassment. Also, these need messy adhesives to keep dentures in place, which isn’t the case with dental implants.
Getting a Dental Implant- What all is Involved?
The very step in getting a dental implant is the process of having a customized treatment plan. This plan works wonders in addressing your specific needs, and a professional team prepares the same. These restorative dentistry experts provide coordinated care based on the implant option that’s the best for you.
Next, a small titanium post places itself into the bone socket of the missing tooth. This post grows around the implanted metal post, which anchors securely into the jaw as the jawbone heals. Note that the healing process takes somewhere around six to twelve weeks.
After bonding the implant to the jawbone, a small connector post, famous under the name abutment, attaches to the post for securely holding the new tooth. To make the new tooth/teeth, the dentist makes teeth impressions, creates a bite model, and attaches the same to the abutment.
Instead of one or more individual crowns, some patients tend to have attachments, which they place on the implant, retaining and supporting the removable denture. What’s even better is that the dentist matches the colour of the implant with the natural teeth, making the replacement teeth look, feel, and function just like the natural teeth.
The Verdict- Dental Implants- How to Care for them?
Dental implants are the new-gen advancements with a success rate of around 98%.
What’s even better is that these require the same level of care as the natural teeth, which includes brushing, rinsing with antibacterial mouthwash, flossing, and regular dental check-ups.